Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Its the people you meet that makes the travel rich

Just got back from Kuching this morning,it was a good trip with great companies. travelling with the right group of people is equally important,else your whole trip will get screwed up and you wouldnt enjoy it and it will be a waste of marnee.

i still miss Shanghai and the people i met. i'm gonna continue on the previous post on Shanghai. Took whole lots of pictures on all the beautiful sceneries and architectures and i am not gonna share all of it here cause its taking forever to upload 5 pieces of picca.

So during weekdays,my friend has to work and i took the subway to a few famous tourist spots. Googled that myself on which subway line to take and all the relevant routes to reach those places. Not forgetting,asking the locals how to get to that specific place. I can now speak Chinese..not perfect but understandable version of Chinese.I am still in the process of learning and improving my Putonghua.

During my visit to Shanghai, I managed to explore YuYuan Garden,CityGod Temple,Nanjing Rd(Famous Pedestrian Rd), Jade Buddha Temple, Shanghai World Financial Centre and some famous factory outlet place. All those mentioned is a must visit place when you travel to Shanghai.

i didnt managed to explore all of the tourist spots i googled,so im gonna go back again soon to complete my mission. I wanted to visit Shanghai's Zoo and Shanghai Ocean Aquarium Park but i didnt want to go alone and my friend didnt had time to accompany me. I shall visit that 2 during my next trip.not forgetting Disneyland which is scheduled to open in 2016.long time more to go.

During the night,my friend's driver would pick me up from home and i was brought to a few famous places like XinTianDi,The Bund and Bar Rouge. Xintiandi is very much like Bangsar or Changkat Bukit Bintang. The Bund is famous for its night view and architectures, and Bar Rouge is an open air bar located at The Bund 18.

Before i left, my friend brought me to Mercedes Benz Arena for the 2nd time to watch Fish Leong's concert and i fell in love with her right immediately i listen to her sing. After the concert,my friend was kind enough to organize a party on Saturday before i leave the next day at Muse at the park and there's where i met all the wonderful people in Shanghai. Most of them are expats in Shanghai. At least i dont have to struggle speaking chinese for a day because all of them speaks English.

Yu Yuan Garden




Yu Yuan Garden

Famous tourist spot at YuYuan Garden

somewhere near XintianDi.Had authentic Shanghainese food and a glass of Mojito right after dinner.

Famous pedestrian street,Nanjing Rd


The Bund

The Bund

Jade Buddha Temple

Jade Buddha Temple

Had vegetarian food for lunch and its by far the best mushroom noodles i had.

Shanghai World Financial Centre, tallest building in Shanghai.




IFC mall

The factory outlets. No idea what's the name of the place but its bout 45 mins drive from the city.

Mercedes Benz Arena,which looks like spaceship.pic credit to google.it was raining so i didnt manage to take a pic of it.

Fish Leung's Concert. Full house.

The guys at Muse

A night which i got wasted on Veuve Clicquot champagnes

Met Catherine,she's a pure Shanghainese beauty who looks like Sammi Cheng in person. We both got bubbly after a few glasses of champagne and shared the same toilet after that.

My meal in MAS.

OK,thats all for my shanghai trip. More pics in my FB. If im not lazy ill blog on Rainforest Music World Festival 2011 next.

2 events happening this week,Urbanscapes and Gary Chaw's concert. Perks from working in my current company. But sad to say,i'll be resigning from my current company soon. Reason being, i've got a better offer,better salary,better benefits and a more challenging job. I am currently in my comfort zone and its not a good thing,

0 comments: